Thursday 27 February 2014

Bizarrely Accurate: Tomato Vine


Scentsy’s new Spring/Summer 2014 fragrance offerings are pretty awesome. While it’s still too soon for me to have a favorite, I can tell you that hands down, Tomato Vine is the most unexpected!


When I saw the name I assumed that Tomato Vine would be an earthy green scent, that was inspired by juicy sun ripened tomatoes.  
I was wrong.

This fragrance is not inspired by tomato vines…

It smells exactly like a tomato vine. Scentsy wasn't kidding when they came up with this description.


I asked Peter to blind test this one to see if he had the same reaction. When I held up the test bar to his nose he knew right away that he recognized the scent, but even after repeated whiffs he couldn’t put his finger on exactly what it smelt like.   

When I finally revealed to Peter what the fragrance was he was also amazed with Scentsy’s accuracy.  


Peter just couldn’t guess the scent, since the smell of tomato vines is one of those life fragrances that we experience often enough but rarely stop to consciously register.  

 

Alright, so this thing smells exactly like a tomato vine... But would I recommend it?

Ahhhh that’s hard to say. 

I think that there are some people out there who would really enjoy it. People who love to tend to their vegetable gardens and want to transport themselves there during winter months… Or maybe vegetarians? (har har har)… Other than that perhaps a few people would like this as an occasional scent.   

But really, I think this fragrance is pretty bizarre and I couldn’t see myself wanting to have its sharp green smell wafting through my house very often.

So this is what I say to it...


Do you love the smell of ripe tomato plants?  Buy your own Tomato Vine scented products at our online Scentsy store or by emailing us at TheSafeCandleShoppe@gmail.com.

Cheers,


Beth






  

No comments:

Post a Comment